Skip to main content

American Horror Stories

I have always wanted to start the series but whenever I used to watch it, I would be interrupted and could never seem to be able to get the first episode done. I am a big horror fan and I knew the series is good, so I needed to make some free time and watch it.


I packed myself with snacks and started watching the series. It is an anthology of 4 series (so far).Of course I didn't watch all 4 series in one day but if I could I would of J


The first season is about a haunted house. I have to say it was my least likable season. The story follows a family of 3 moves from Boston to Los Angeles to recover form past anguish. With no knowledge that the house is haunted by demonic creatures, they prepare to have a fresh start. The house has its history for not only scaring the residence but also devouring them. The ghosts show themselves as normal human beings but are unable to escape the house. They lead the owners into believing that they are real humans and make friends with them. However all the residence who live there have died and can never escape the fate. Therefore leaving the Harmons family to die. The daughter commits suicide by overdose. The Mother by childbirth and the offspring through cot death (the twin survives but is kidnapped). And finally the husband through hanging, forced upon by one of the vengeful ghosts. 





The second season- is about an insane asylum. It is set in 1964, the "Asylum" series digs into the dark pasts of the hospital's patients, doctors and administrators. Main character Sister Jude, a troubled nun, quickly finds herself at odds with the twisted Arthur Arden, a doctor with a penchant for experimental procedures. The story involves a journalist entering the Asylum for research. After only one return she is held there for being homosexual as this was considered a curable mental illness in the late 50/60's.I liked the second season but I was unsure about the aliens, I feel like the season was good enough without it, but that is only my opinion. Last but not least it had “Zachary Quinto” in which I love from “heroes” so it was a good season.





The third season (my second favourite)- is about  a witch coven. The witches who manage to escape the horrible history over 300 years ago are facing extinctions. Many mysterious attacks and killings have been happening against their kind and to ensure safety young witches are sent to which coven. They are being trained and prepared to become the next supreme and to protect themselves against harm. The old supreme is distressed as she does not want to die and give up her title, she comes back to witch coven and is determined to protect the coven and her title by destroying anyone who get in her way. The reason why I love this is the idea that witchcraft is real and the plot twist kept it exiting. It was definitely enjoyable to watch.






The fourth (my top favourite) season- is about a freak show. It is set in 1952 at a quiet, sleepy hamlet of Jupiter, Florida. A troupe of curiosities has just arrived to town, coinciding with the strange emergence of a dark entity that savagely threatens the lives of townsfolk and freaks alike. This is the story of the performers and their desperate journey of survival amidst the dying world of the American carny experience. It has great character development and you can feel the emotions which gets you into the series even more. The reason why this was my favourite is to see how people were treated back in 50’s and called freaks where now they are seen as normal. Also it has dark twist and engaging story.



Having watched all the season my favourite cast members were.

Jessica Lange-She is an amazing actress. She truly is incredible, I loved watching her, every character she was given to play she played it perfectly! She is 65 and she is incredibly good looking, and her figure is exceptional. I absolutely love her as an actress; I don’t know what else to say apart from “you go girl” (lol)  ;)  <3








Zachary Quinto-amazing actor! It might be because I like him from the series “heroes” but in season 2 I was so happy to see him. He played Dr. Thredson as a trained psychiatrist with higher than average intellect. He was the “Bloody Face Killer” but made “Kit” believe that In fact it was Kit was the real killer. I feel like I cannot accurately judge his role, as I am a fan girl ha ha <3



Make sure to leave a comment J

Have you seen American horror stories?

What did you think?

Who is your favourite Character and which season did you prefer?


Thank you for reading <3


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Breakfast Club

I have mentioned in my previous blog that I will be doing a “250 Reddit movie challenge” and I have watched “The breakfast club” so for any of you who have not seen it, I will let you know what it is about. J (Because I am nice like that ha-ha)  The story line follows five high school students, all different stereotypes,( Brain, an Athlete, a Basket Case, a Princess, and a Criminal) meet in detention, where they pour their hearts out to each other, and discover how they have a lot more in common than they thought. I have chosen to watch the movie because I heard so much about it and to be honest with all of you I thought it will be really bad.The reason for this is because in most cases when you hear so much good things about a movie, you expect a masterpiece and you are left disappointed. However in this case the movie was amazing! The reason why I really loved the movie was that all the “teen” characters were sharing a great resembles to people we knew in high school. Th

Community …The best Series ever!!

My boyfriend loves to listen to “Childish Gambino”, whenever he is playing his games or walking to work. He then discovered that Donald Glover had a stand up performance which we had to watch. At Donald’s performance he mentioned that he is in community series (I thought his stand-up was quite good) and I wanted to check it out! So we started to watch the first episode and it was amazing nothing I could compare it to. I fell in love with the series. It became a tradition of “Jordon and lily in the morning, watching community”. The story line follows a lawyer who is suspended when it is discovered that he has falsely claimed to have a bachelor's degree. He has no other choice but to enroll into community college. He forms a study group so that he can get closer to an attractive student. However he does not plan other students to join the group but he had no control over it. The study group includes a millionaire, a former drug addict, a former quarter-back, a singl

Netflix, you done it again!

So my boyfriend and I was scrolling through Netflix…as you do to find a new T.V series to enjoy together, and now we have a great replacement for our old T.V series, supernatural! You may think that fairy tales are nothing more than fiction stories told by imaginative minds. That’s what Portland detective, Nick Burkhardt, has thought all along till everything was about to change. He has never been prepared for the gruesome truth of the strange visions he has began seeing: seemingly regular people momentarily transforming into hideous monsters. He soon learns the truth after his only living relative visits him. As a “Grimm” he has to carry the responsibility of being a hunter and keeping the world safe from mythological creatures. He will not fight this on his own as his ally and confidant “Big Bad Wolf” will guide him through. The criminals he has only heard in fairy tales now will become the criminals he has to fight in real life. Grimm largely follows the line of mo