Skip to main content

Heroes

It was 3 years ago when I first watched it and not long ago I re-watched it, but I wanted to share my experience as the new series are coming out and my love for “Syler”.Enjoy <3
The storyline follows people all over United States gain power and they don’t have any knowledge of how they develop such skills. Are they more evolved than others or is it a man-made, only time will tell. However a power thirsty villain believes they do not deserve their powers and he is destined to gather them all for himself and won’t stop at anything; gruesomely killing innocent people. In order to stop him, they must work together, but it isn’t as easy as it sounds, as they all have to face their own problems.

After having watched all the seasons I fell in love with 2 characters.

Syler- I am a “number one fan”.Syler is a serial killer, who captures others with powers and kills them in order to steal their powers. OMG what is wrong with you?? How can you like a serial killer? Well let me explain: he is the one “villain” in the movie that you know is bad but soo cool that you cannot help it but love the character! In my defence he also turns good at one point…that’s a good enough excuse right? ha ha.

Hiro-He is adorable, funny, cool, awesome and so on just absolutely amazing! He also has a sword so what is not to like about him? He is in a way like me(“sure he is Lillie… sure” :P ): he adores comic books, waffles, is very child-like and sweet, often exuberantly exclaiming with joy at the smallest things that make him happy. He is truly a likable character!

If I could chose a power I would pick Mika’s power. Why? Because who wouldn’t love to communicate with technology. You could do anything; nothing could stop you, as nearly everything in our world revolves around technology. All mighty Lillie!  Sadly it will never happen. L Ha ha ha

The first season was amazing! I absolutely loved it. It was witty, intricate, addictive, exciting and visually stunning. Watching the first season I had an impression that this was going to be an only release. It was an amazing work; it had a thought out ending and made me want to watch more and more. What I loved about the characters is that you can relate to them, you understand they are human and you grow to love/care for them. As you watch more you are drawn to learn and grow with the characters and their powers. The first season never lost its momentum and was exiting the whole way through.

Season 2 for me felt like the show tried to upscale itself, as in there was more at risk, with the company now being torn apart which leads the whole world being in danger, instead of just new York, which personally makes it feel less realistic due to the fact that this is not likely to happen. But overall it was okay, due to the fact I got to revisit the world of heroes and see the characters, although knowing that D.L died, was personally heart-breaking for me as he was a good character. My favourite story arc would be the when Hiro travels back and meets kensei due to how kensei turns out! My least favourite arc would be Maya’s arc due to the lack of chemistry between the brother and her, the only reason why I would say it was okay is because it brought Sylar back home!

Then season 3 it felt that they were focusing on 3 characters instead of whole international cast. The characters that were not interesting anymore were focused more than anything and became the source and solution to the problems. It also felt like the story was focused on “Petrellis and the Bennets” instead of “ordinary people across the globe”(what made the season 1 good).They failed to deliver diversity in the season.

Then season 4 they realised that the seasons were not as good as season 1 and they needed to do something about it. Well had they? They had definitely improved from season 3.The whole “saving the world” was set aside and the cast had to deal with the more personal problems which was a refreshing and a nice change. They soon became “normal” people having life and work. This allowed the characters to feel human again and more relatable. As Peter helped the strangers to survive “heroes” became actual heroes instead of fighting amongst “specials”. New characters were introduces and plot twists.  It was an overall improvement! 

I hope that “Heroes Rebirth” will be better than the previous seasons. A lot of the cast will not be in, which may or may not make it more enjoyable to watch the series. I am sad about Syler leaving, as he was my favourite character but I guess we all knew it will happen. However I am very happy that Hiro will be staying in the series. The trailer I have watched for “Heroes Rebirth” sure looked interesting, so I cannot wait!


Have you seen heroes?
What do you think about the tv series?
What power would you love to have?


Thank you for reading <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Breakfast Club

I have mentioned in my previous blog that I will be doing a “250 Reddit movie challenge” and I have watched “The breakfast club” so for any of you who have not seen it, I will let you know what it is about. J (Because I am nice like that ha-ha)  The story line follows five high school students, all different stereotypes,( Brain, an Athlete, a Basket Case, a Princess, and a Criminal) meet in detention, where they pour their hearts out to each other, and discover how they have a lot more in common than they thought. I have chosen to watch the movie because I heard so much about it and to be honest with all of you I thought it will be really bad.The reason for this is because in most cases when you hear so much good things about a movie, you expect a masterpiece and you are left disappointed. However in this case the movie was amazing! The reason why I really loved the movie was that all the “teen” characters were sharing a great resembles to people we knew in high school. Th

Community …The best Series ever!!

My boyfriend loves to listen to “Childish Gambino”, whenever he is playing his games or walking to work. He then discovered that Donald Glover had a stand up performance which we had to watch. At Donald’s performance he mentioned that he is in community series (I thought his stand-up was quite good) and I wanted to check it out! So we started to watch the first episode and it was amazing nothing I could compare it to. I fell in love with the series. It became a tradition of “Jordon and lily in the morning, watching community”. The story line follows a lawyer who is suspended when it is discovered that he has falsely claimed to have a bachelor's degree. He has no other choice but to enroll into community college. He forms a study group so that he can get closer to an attractive student. However he does not plan other students to join the group but he had no control over it. The study group includes a millionaire, a former drug addict, a former quarter-back, a singl

Netflix, you done it again!

So my boyfriend and I was scrolling through Netflix…as you do to find a new T.V series to enjoy together, and now we have a great replacement for our old T.V series, supernatural! You may think that fairy tales are nothing more than fiction stories told by imaginative minds. That’s what Portland detective, Nick Burkhardt, has thought all along till everything was about to change. He has never been prepared for the gruesome truth of the strange visions he has began seeing: seemingly regular people momentarily transforming into hideous monsters. He soon learns the truth after his only living relative visits him. As a “Grimm” he has to carry the responsibility of being a hunter and keeping the world safe from mythological creatures. He will not fight this on his own as his ally and confidant “Big Bad Wolf” will guide him through. The criminals he has only heard in fairy tales now will become the criminals he has to fight in real life. Grimm largely follows the line of mo