Skip to main content

Sword art online


I was scrolling down on Netflix and went on anime sections (Anime is amazing!) Then I saw “sword art online”, I read the description. This was the description:

“A video game whiz helps create a new technology that enables players to guide their online avatars with their own bodies -- but a dark twist emerges.”

So let’s break this down I love anime, I love video games, new technology that allows you to control your character and feel like you are in the world (better than oculus rift) hell yeah! So I started watching it straight away.


The story is set in 2020.New and exciting game is launched called “swords art online” an MMORPG,it allows player to experience the game and its world as if they were really there. It is possible due to special helmets called “Nerve Gear”.Kirito is one of the beta testers and it eager to jump back into action. He soon makes a new friend called Klein who is a newbie warrior. However the players were not prepared for shocking news that was announced. They find that they are unable to log out of the game and if they want to return to their physical bodies, they need to complete the 100th level. They also aren't prepared for the challenge of staying alive-as if you die in the game; you die in a real world. Players are forced to survive the game and test their abilities to the max.

My favourite Characters were:

Asuna: is very strong willed; she is shy but is really good at wielding a sword. She is strong and independent and a great cook (like me :3).I absolutely love the romance between her and Kirito, their relationship is perhaps the best I've seen in any other anime.

Kirito: isn't the average anime protagonist; he chooses to go solo for the sake of his own survival. He seems that he only cares for himself and becoming “the best” in the game. However we learn that it isn’t entirely true as he joins a guild he does seem to care for a female and after his guild is killed when trapped he joins Asunas guild where we see romance bloom. He was one of my favourites due to how strong and skilled he was at the game. He also had an awesome sword and him and Asuna 
made a lovely couple <3


The story will have you hooked from the beginning due to its great story-line, characters, vastness of the world and romance between Asuna and Kirito ,the twists will leave you dying for more. Each of the characters are completely unique because they all had their own strengths and weaknesses, forcing everyone to work together in order to survive. I'm sure many of you have played RPGS, and if you died, you would respawn and try again. But in this anime, the RPG becomes real life; if your health bar drops you're killed almost instantly in real life. What really entertained me was that ,a character that might have seemed important could be killed at any moment and the fact that those characters actually die in the real world makes the story even more emotional. The story itself is definitely unique and entertaining. The action/fighting is good and the emotions run high in this anime.


The second half:

The story continues into a new video game in which Kirito enters in order to save his lover Asuna. In this new game if you get killed, you simply re-spawn. This story focuses on love instead of survival and in my opinion it was really nice as we could see how much Asuna and Kirito care for each other and I felt like I could relate as throughout the series I put myself and my boyfriend in their world. I feel like I feel in love with the series due to this reason. It was interesting and we also got to know Kiritos life outside the game.


I would recommend you watching this anime 11/10 definitely <3


Have you seen this anime and what did you think about it?

What is your favourite anime series?



Thank you for reading <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Breakfast Club

I have mentioned in my previous blog that I will be doing a “250 Reddit movie challenge” and I have watched “The breakfast club” so for any of you who have not seen it, I will let you know what it is about. J (Because I am nice like that ha-ha)  The story line follows five high school students, all different stereotypes,( Brain, an Athlete, a Basket Case, a Princess, and a Criminal) meet in detention, where they pour their hearts out to each other, and discover how they have a lot more in common than they thought. I have chosen to watch the movie because I heard so much about it and to be honest with all of you I thought it will be really bad.The reason for this is because in most cases when you hear so much good things about a movie, you expect a masterpiece and you are left disappointed. However in this case the movie was amazing! The reason why I really loved the movie was that all the “teen” characters were sharing a great resembles to people we knew in high school. Th

Community …The best Series ever!!

My boyfriend loves to listen to “Childish Gambino”, whenever he is playing his games or walking to work. He then discovered that Donald Glover had a stand up performance which we had to watch. At Donald’s performance he mentioned that he is in community series (I thought his stand-up was quite good) and I wanted to check it out! So we started to watch the first episode and it was amazing nothing I could compare it to. I fell in love with the series. It became a tradition of “Jordon and lily in the morning, watching community”. The story line follows a lawyer who is suspended when it is discovered that he has falsely claimed to have a bachelor's degree. He has no other choice but to enroll into community college. He forms a study group so that he can get closer to an attractive student. However he does not plan other students to join the group but he had no control over it. The study group includes a millionaire, a former drug addict, a former quarter-back, a singl

Netflix, you done it again!

So my boyfriend and I was scrolling through Netflix…as you do to find a new T.V series to enjoy together, and now we have a great replacement for our old T.V series, supernatural! You may think that fairy tales are nothing more than fiction stories told by imaginative minds. That’s what Portland detective, Nick Burkhardt, has thought all along till everything was about to change. He has never been prepared for the gruesome truth of the strange visions he has began seeing: seemingly regular people momentarily transforming into hideous monsters. He soon learns the truth after his only living relative visits him. As a “Grimm” he has to carry the responsibility of being a hunter and keeping the world safe from mythological creatures. He will not fight this on his own as his ally and confidant “Big Bad Wolf” will guide him through. The criminals he has only heard in fairy tales now will become the criminals he has to fight in real life. Grimm largely follows the line of mo